Notice the original store is on the left side of this picture (single lg window). The new bldg (1920) is the door and 2 large windows
The beautiful building was opened to the public in the fall of 1921 when the HESPERIA BIG MEETING was held within its walls.
In 1922 The Hesperian Union pointed out that the store was monument of progressiveness. The name was Husband and Turple Hardware.
In 1957 Mr Husband died and 6 years later Mr. Don Turple bought the other half of the business from the heirs and became the sole owner. For a few years there was an interesting museum that his wife Helen added in the basement of the store.
Don's sister Ruth Turple Kolbe just retired in the last year or two and it is now being run by Don and Helen's son Fred and his wife Judy
The store is a landmark known far and wide for its limitless bounty of hardware, where service and friendliness is still shared.
Walking the aisles of the hardware is an adventure in nostalgia along with competitive prices that is hard to find in today's world.